home // talks
list of talks:
- Securi-Tay (2018) - An Introduction To Binary Application Assessments - Finding, exploiting, remediating, and reporting common security issues in binary applications.
- 44CON (2017) - Secrets of the Motherboard (Shit My Chipset Says) - Weird and wonderful things I found while reading Intel chipset datasheets, and exploitation of shared SMBus to connect DIMMs directly to the internet.
- SecuriTay (2017) - SSL/TLS Hipsterism: Finding implementation bugs outside the mainstream - More modern tooling for finding SSL/TLS configuration and implementation bugs.
- 44CON (2016) - Saving Nostalgia - Reverse engineering an old Z80-based kids' computer and building a hardware save mod for it.
- SecuriTay V (2016) - Am I Living In A Box? - Looking into the world of VM and sandbox detection, and offering some new ideas on the subject.
- DC4420 (2015) - VM detection using ACPI tables - A hastily thrown together talk on a technique to detect VMs via the ACPI tables exposed to the system.
- 44CON (2015) - Get in the ring0 - Understanding Windows Drivers - A starter's guide to Windows drivers. "Separate your IRPs from your IRQLs, people, it's time to learn about Windows drivers. Turns out they're not magic. Who knew?"
- SecuriTay IV (2015) - We Don’t Take Kindly to Your Types Around Here - Discussing object injection attacks against (de)serialisation in various languages, including C#, Java, and PHP.
- 44CON (2014) - [no title, spontaneous lightning talk] - Standing in for someone else, talking briefly about the Windows access control model in the object namespace.
- EMF Camp (2014) - "Minimal Effort Web Application Security" - Quick tips and tricks for creating more secure web applications.
- BSides London (2014) - "Breaking Binary Protocols and Bad Crypto" - Analysing cryptographic implementations and a discussion of issues found in the Citrix NetScaler
- SecuriTay III (2014) - "Breaking Crypto Without Breaking Your Brain" - Teaching practical cryptography and cryptanalysis from the ground up, without the crazy mathematics and notation.
- SecuriTay II (2013) - "Feed Me A Cat" - Issues with office hardware, SOHO routers, and embedded devices.